EARTHQUAKER DEVICES LEVITATION REVERB V2
Introducing the Levitation reverb, a pedal designed by EarthQuaker Devices in conjunction with the LEVITATION music festival! LEVITATION, founded as Austin Psych Fest in 2008, has become a way to honour and preserve Austin’s psychedelic rock heritage, and carry it into the future. The Levitation Reverb builds on the base sound found in the Ghost Echo but does away with the attack and dwell and adds control over tone, decay, atmosphere and length in their place. It is a vintage voiced reverb that aims to fit somewhere between dirty sixties chambers, classic spring, and the big, ringing plate reverbs of days gone by. Each Levitation Reverb is built entirely by hand in Akron, Ohio by EarthQuaker Devices.
1. Mix: This controls how much wet signal is blended in with the dry. More reverb clockwise, less counterclockwise.
2. Length (Toggle): Broad stroke control for decay time. Shorter to left, longer to the right.
3. Decay: Controls the length of the reverb decay. Longer clockwise, shorter counterclockwise.
4. Tone: This is an input bandwidth control for the reverberated signal. All the way counterclockwise reduces all low end content to make a brighter reverb, turning counterclockwise allows more low end to pass through resulting in a fuller reverberated tone.
5. Atmosphere: This is a harmonic regeneration control, it feeds the upper frequencies of the reverb trails back through to create a more harmonic (ringing) reverb. More atmosphere clockwise, less counterclockwise.