EARTHQUAKER DEVICES PALISADES MEGA ULTIMATE OVERDRIVE V2
The Palisades is something EarthQuaker Devices said they would never do… an overdrive based on the legendary TS808! Gasp! The horror! Another tubes creamer?? In 2014?? Really?? After loads of requests they finally buckled. They ran tests with every popular clone on the market as well as several vintage originals, compared, contrasted and took loads of notes. It was exhausting but informative. In the end, they threw it all away, used their ears and came up with what they feel is the most versatile relative of the 808 available today.The Palisades is a versatile dude that will give you years of loving companionship. Each Palisades is hand made one at a time in the tiny tree house community of Akron, Ohio.
1. Boost: Sets the level of the output boost.
2. Gain A: Sets the gain for the Channel A (lower gain)
3. Volume: Sets the output level.
4. Gain B: Sets the gain for Channel B (higher gain)
5. Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counterclockwise.
6. Voice: This sets the nature of the Palisades distortion by changing the clipping diodes.
No diodes: The most open and least distorted.
LED clipping: Light clipping with a lot of volume.
Mosfet clipping: Light gain OD with great harmonics.
Asymmetrical Silicon clipping: Tighter light gain OD closest to stock 808.
Symmetrical silicon clipping: Tighter distorted tone.
Schottky Diode clipping: Looser fuzzy tone.
7. Bandwidth: This sets the overall tone and gain structure of the Palisades. 1 is the thinnest setting with the least amount of gain and 5 is the fattest setting with the heaviest gain. Everything else is in between. This control has a major effect on all the settings of the Palisades, especially the Gain and Voice controls.
8. Normal/Bright: Normal is a warm full tone. Bright is livelier tone with more chime.
9. Buffer: Turns the input buffer on or off. ON is a tighter and brighter tone while OFF is a warmer tone with more sag. The buffer is part of the drive circuit & is only available when the Palisades is activated.
10. Boost: Activates the output level boost, Features Flexi-Switching.
11. Gain B: Activates Gain Channel B, Features Flexi-Switching.
12. Activate: True bypass switch