EARTHQUAKER DEVICES SPIRES NU FACE DOUBLE FUZZ
The Spires was born from the need to have the big old Rosac Nu Fuzz and EarthQuaker Devices' now discontinued Dream Crusher on their pedalboard without taking up all the space. The Green channel features a cranked fuzz inspired by the Rosac Electronic Nu-Fuzz. It is full-on fuzz all the time and uses crude wide range tone control to change the character from big and warm to sizzling and blown out. The Red channel is a silicon version of the now discontinued Dream Crusher. There's no need to mourn the loss anymore. Dreams will still be crushed with walls of classic two transistor fuzz, only this time the crushing will be much more stable and less temperature sensitive. It features a very usable, dynamic Fuzz control and tons of output volume, just like the original. Each Spires is hand made one at a time by a white gloved team of professional experts in the dirty, dusty canyon of Akron, Ohio. This device is true bypass and uses relay based “soft touch” switching. Audio will not pass without power.
1. Tone: Changes the tonal character of the fuzz. Darker counterclockwise, brighter clockwise.
2. Green: Sets the output level when the green LED is lit.
3. Fuzz: Adjusts the fuzz amount — dirtier clockwise, cleaner counterclockwise
4. Red: Sets the output level when the red LED is lit.
5. Channel Switch: Selects between Red (Dream Crusher) and Green (Nu Fuzz) channels
6. Activate Switch: Turns the effect on and off