Roland ELCajon EC-10
INNOVATIVE HYBRID CAJON WITH BUILT-IN ELECTRONIC SOUNDS
Unique and versatile, the ELCajon EC-10 allows cajon players to easily enhance their music with layered electronic sounds. To start, the EC-10 is an authentic acoustic cajon that sounds great on its own. What’s more, it has Roland’s renowned electronic percussion technology built in, letting you blend a range of complementary sounds with the cajon voice, from traditional percussion like tambourine and shaker to acoustic snare, electronic drums, sound effects, and more. Completely self-contained with battery power and onboard amplification, the ELCajon EC-10 puts the dynamic world of hybrid percussion in the hands of every cajon enthusiast.
- Unique hybrid instrument combining an authentic acoustic cajon with Roland’s electronic percussion technology
- Standard cajon size (50 x 30 x 30 cm), with quality playing surface made of sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Each kit includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimized cajon sounds to enhance the instrument’s acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance, and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with six AA-size batteries
Part of the cajon’s enormous appeal is that it’s self-contained and uncomplicated. While the EC-10 contains high-tech electronics, it fully maintains the organic, go-anywhere vibe that cajon players love. The integrated amp and coaxial speaker provide high-quality sound for keeping up with acoustic guitar amps and other instruments, and six AA batteries deliver up to 12 hours of power for long jams anywhere. There’s also a handy input for playing music from a smartphone or song player at home or on the gig. And because the EC-10 is a true acoustic instrument, you can always turn off the electronics and play it like any regular cajon. On top of that, it even functions as an extra seat in a music room or family space when you’re not playing!