Earthquaker Devices The Depths Optical Vibe Machine V2
The Depths is EarthQuaker Devices' take on the classic optical vibe circuit. Now you can swab the decks with the same lush, pulsating, three-dimensional swirling sound you know and love, with some modern accoutrements for all you land-lubbers out there. The Depths is optimised for use with all kinds of instruments, pickups, and to play well with dirt, so nobody’s left waiting on shore. If it’s got a ¼” output, plug it in and get deep! The Depths is true-bypass, uses rusty all-analogue circuitry, and is built one-at-a-time aboard the wreckage of the SS Minnow, currently dry-docked in Akron, Ohio, USA.
1. Intensity: This controls how subtle or intense the overall effect is. Counterclockwise from noon are the more subtle, classic sounds. Clockwise from noon are the more drastic and intense sounds.
2. Voice: Dials in the overall sound. Turn it clockwise for a fuller sound with more lows, bring it back for a thinner, more midrange focused tone.
3. Rate: Controls the speed of the effect. Counterclockwise for slow, clockwise for fast.
4. Level: Controls the volume of the effect. Unity is around 1 o’clock, everything above that is boost.
5. Throb: This controls the low end pulse. It may not be immediately evident on the bridge pickup, but switch to the neck or add some dirt and it comes alive. All the way up for more throb, dial it back for less. Works best when the Voice is set to a warmer tone.