Yamaha U1 Japanese Made 121cm Upright Acoustic Piano
The U1PEQ 121cm upright piano is entirely made in the Kakegawa factory in Japan and represents Yamaha's entry point into professional upright pianos.
- Five solid boned back posts for stability,
- solid spruce soundboard and reinforced hammers for refined tone,
- a soft-close fall board with lock,
- centre pedal mute funtion for playing at a reduced volume, and
- a long music rest for ease in handling musical scores.
|Color||Ebony, Mahogany, White or Satin American Walnut|
|Number of Keys||88|
|Key Surfaces - White||Acrylic Resin|
|Key Surfaces - Black||Phenolic Resin|
UPGRADE TO THE SH SILENT PIANO OPTION*:
- 19 tonal colors
19 voices, including harpsichord, pipe organ strings, celesta and jazz organ provide a wide range of musical expression.
- CFX Binaural Sampling
- For the first time ever the Silent Piano™ offers sound sampled from the Yamaha CFX full concert grand piano, supporting the beauty of its clear, vivid tones with the power of this renowned instrument.
- Yamaha’s first model with binaural sampling system, enabling reproduction of natural and three-dimensional sound.
[ Binaural sampling system ]
A recording system in which microphones are installed in the ears of a dummy (see diagram) so that the sound can be reproduced the way it is heard by the player.
- When playing in "Silent" mode, the player feels as though the CFX sounds are coming directly from the piano.
- Equipped with AUX and MIDI terminals
- AUX and MIDI terminals allow the sound to be output to a variety of external devices (e.g. stereo components, IC recorders, speakers with built-in amplifiers, stereo systems).
- Connecting SH type pianos to external devices such as sound source modules and music players (CD players etc.) via AUX IN terminals allows players to listen to the sound from these external devices on the headphones while they play the piano.
- Connecting MIDI devices such as synthesizers to SH type pianos via MIDI OUTPUT terminals allows players to transmit performance information to external devices for playback.
- Connecting music sequencers to SH type pianos via MIDI IN terminals allows the players to receive and play back the performance information provided by the sequencers using the sound source of SH type pianos.
- Four types of piano effects for reproducing sounds that are characteristic of acoustic performance
- String resonance: Reproduces the expressive tonal colors that are created as strings hit by hammers resonate with other strings.
- Key-off sampling: Reproduces the subtle changes of sound that occur when the damper touches the strings.
- Sustain sampling: Records the rich sounds that are generated as the player depresses a pedal during performance.
- Damper resonance: Reproduces the deep and expansive resonance that is generated when the player depresses a pedal. Subtle changes in nuance that occur during the performance can be reproduced faithfully.
- Hammer sensors
Yamaha’s Silent Piano™ are fitted with hammer sensors that allow even slow keystrokes or rapid trills that would be difficult for key sensors to detect to be read accurately. To ensure that they do not affect the feel of the keyboard in any way, Yamaha uses non-contact sensors.
- Key sensors
Under each of the 88 keys is a Yamaha-unique continuous-detection grey-scale shutter key sensor. These sensors detect the movement of the keys continually, allowing natural musical expression even when the piano is in "Silent" mode. Since they do not come into contact with the keys, these sensors do not affect the feel of the keyboard in any way.
- Large capacity (256MB) of wave memory
This increase in memory capacity enables the SH type to reproduce even the subtle difference in nuances brought by key touch and thus significantly increases the expressivity of performance.
- Maximum simultaneous polyphony of 256 notes
The maximum simultaneous polyphony on the SH type is 256 notes. With the increase in maximum simultaneous polyphony CFX sampling and piano effects can be utilized more effectively for enhanced precision in sound reproduction.
The SH type has a built-in metronome that can be used in "Silent" mode so that players can listen to precise rhythm through headphones while they play.
- Newly fitted with speaker output function
- Speaker output terminals have been newly added to the GM unit installed at the bottom of the tenor section of SH type pianos. By connecting speakers equipped with built-in amplifiers to these output terminals, the performance conducted in "Silent" mode can be output through the speakers.
- Speaker output terminals also support TRS phone jacks, which are highly noise-resistant and thus suitable for use in music performances, such as those on stages, that require long cables.
- Open structured headphones that can produce clear, high-quality sound
- The headphones that come exclusively with SH type pianos are designed in a way that minimizes the strain on users after long hours of playing.
- This newly employed headphones contribute to the improvement of sound quality as well as to the reduction of fatigue during performance.
- Quick escape system
Silent Piano™ features a quick escape system that allows the sound muting mechanism to be fitted to a grand piano without sacrificing any of the playability or musical expression demanded of such instruments in an acoustic performance. This system allows optimal separation to be obtained between the hammers and strings by adjusting the distance between the hammers and strings, ensuring that the feel of the keyboard stays in the best possible condition whether playing acoustically or with the sound muted.
- Simple and easy switching to "Silent" mode with the press of a button
While conventional grand Silent Piano™ require lever operation for switching to "Silent" mode, SH type Silent Piano™ do it all via motor activation with a single press of a button.
- Two recording systems (Built-in recorder and USB audio recorder)
- The performance can be recorded in two different ways. It can be recorded either directly to the built-in recorder of a piano, or to a USB audio recorder, in which case the data stored in USB flash memory in WAV format can be played on a PC as well.
- Using a built-in recorder is more convenient if the players wish to listen to the recorded piece right away. It allows them to listen to the entire performance of a music piece or to go back and listen to a particular section of the piece.
- Since performances are saved in WAV format with a USB audio recorder, they can be recorded onto CDs or played on portable music players.
- User-friendly control panel
Blue-lit control buttons on the front panel are easy to identify and provide superb operability. Moreover custom-made white pianos come with white control units.
Exclusive functions and superb operability of the SH type
Open headphones and a variety of connection terminals
Realistic tonal color for faithful reproduction
Unique Yamaha technology retains the all-important touch of the grand piano
Yamaha Silent Piano™ features a range of unique technologies that allow them to offer a touch that is astonishingly close to that of an acoustic grand piano even when in "Silent" mode.
*SG2 Silent Grand only available in Ebony finish.
Upgrade to the Enspire Standard Disklavier System**:
Technologically Discreet, Acoustically Elegant
A streamlined control panel allows for simple tactile control while remaining hidden from view, providing the elegant look one would expect from a finely crafted Yamaha acoustic piano.
Wireless network connectivity and seamless compatibility with mobile devices, smartphones and computers allows intuitive access to all of the instrument’s exclusive content and unique capabilities.
Thousands of Performances In One Masterpiece
The Disklavier ENSPIRE allows you to revel in whatever music suits your mood or occasion, from classical solo piano or concerto selections to your favorite jazz or pop songs on piano – accompanied by audio and vocals. An easy-to-use and intuitive UI design provides direct access to 500 built-in songs* and thousands performances that can be downloaded directly to the instrument from the Yamaha MusicSoft online store.
Exclusive Streaming Services
In addition, the ENSPIRE also offers revolutionary streaming radio services, allowing you to discover and enjoy thousands of piano performances in the comfort of your own home. Yamaha Piano Radio gives you instant access to over 30 channels of 24-hour streaming piano music.
*Built-in songs include 380 piano solo songs (PianoSoft Solo), 72 songs with instrumental accompaniments (PianoSoft Plus), and 48 songs with audio backing (PianoSoft Audio).
Artistic Excellence In Your Living Room
Disklavier ENSPIRE features popular, award-winning and legendary Yamaha artists such as Sarah McLachlan, Bob James, and Jamie Cullum*. These performances are not simply a rendition of the artist’s songs, but exclusive performances by the actual artists themselves, recorded specifically for ENSPIRE. Experience the genuine touch, nuance and emotion as the instrument recreates a precise portrayal of the artist’s intentions.
*Songs you can enjoy with audio (PianoSoft Audio) are totally 48 songs. And 13 of them are by Yamaha artists such as Bob James, Jamie Cullum, and Sarah McLachlan.
Every Note, Every Nuance
The Disklavier ENSPIRE is the only piano that can truly reproduce every nuance of a piano performance, precisely recreating all of the details that other player pianos cannot. For example, a player's key release timing controls the exact timing of each individual damper coming down on the string and contributes to the overall musical message that the pianist is trying to convey. Other player systems rely on predetermined programming to control the release of the piano keys, which results in every key releasing at the exact same speed during playback. This programming equates to half of the original performance being altered, which means half of the human element of the piano performance is removed. The Disklavier, by contrast, can reproduce all articulations of the performance, including the speed by which a key is released, meticulously reproducing what even other high-end systems cannot. Couple these unmatched reproducing capabilities with advanced AccuPlay DSP technology, and you have a piano that not only recreates every nuance of the original performance, but is intelligent enough to verify and adjust itself during playback to ensure accurate performance reproduction.
Inspired By Technology, Powered By Performance
Extremely accurate recording functions allow teachers and students to critique recorded performances - providing new ways for students to enhance their musical development. Proprietary video sync technology gives users the ability to create, archive and share an acoustic piano driven visual performance using just the piano and a video camera.
The Sound of Innovation
Yamaha SILENT Piano™ technology allows you to listen, learn and play without being disturbed or disturbing others. Utilizing a unique sampling technique that replicates the interaural characteristics of the human ear, the Disklavier ENSPIRE binaurally recreates the sound, presence and resonance of a Yamaha CFX Concert Grand from the player’s position through headphones. This innovative technology is built into every ENSPIRE ST and PRO model Disklavier, giving you increased flexibility and more opportunities to enjoy your piano.
** Enspire Standard Disklavier System only available in Ebony finish.