EARTHQUAKER DEVICES SEA MACHINE V3 SUPER CHORUS
The Sea Machine is a chorus pedal with as many modulation possibilities as there are fish in the ocean. That’s a lot of fish. And a lot of modulation. From subtle, shimmery chorus sounds, to wobbly, seasick, warbly pitch-bent detuning that rocks the boat, the Sea Machine is the audio bait that’ll help you reel in the big one. The Sea Machine ain’t no one-trick seahorse. A variable waveshape LFO (adjustable via the Shape control) modulates your chorus tone from a smooth triangle shape, to a rough and choppy square wave, and an extended delay line allows you to dive deeper into uncharted modulated waters than ever before. Other LFO controls include Rate, which sets the speed of the LFO, and Depth, which sets how strongly the LFO modulates the delay time. V3 updates include improved circuitry for better performance, cleaner sound and lower noise. The Sea Machine is true-bypass, uses silent relay-based switching, and is built one at a time in the belly of the great white whale along the shores of the Ohio & Erie Canal in Akron, Ohio, USA.
1. Animate: How far the pitch shifted signal swings, lower levels equals a tighter and more focused shift à la traditional chorus. As you increase the control a more wild and animated pitch shift begins to emerge.
2. Dimension: Adds a slight slap-back at low levels, reverb-like ambiance at mid levels and an echo-resonance that will lead to self-oscillation at max.
3. Intensity: Adjusts how much modulated signal is blended in with the dry signal. Unity for this control is right around noon, everything above that is boosting the modulated signal.
4. Depth: Adjusts how strongly the LFO modulates the delay time.
5. Shape: Goes from triangle wave to square wave as you turn clockwise.
6. Rate: This sets the speed of the LFO. The miniature LED will blink to the tempo, even in bypass mode.